Saturday, 21 June 2003
  0 Replies
  2.7K Visits
POST 00573E : VACCINE FREEZING IN COLD CLIMATES 21 June 2003 Follow-up on POST 00571E _______________________________________________ In this brief posting Femi Oyewole (mailto:[log in to unmask]) from WHO comments on Dr. Baru's contribution. And Menno Goedhart (mailto:[log in to unmask]) from MSF provides some information on the refrigerator that Michel Zaffran mentioned in his contribution. Please note that the manual that Menno is introducing is not attached due to its size and likely limited interest. All those who wish to receive the manual, please send an e-mail to him to make a specific request. Also note that you are invited to sign a petition at the end of Menno's contribution. This request is reproduced here at the sole initiative of the moderator as he judges it morally worthed. _______________________________________________ I do agree with Dr. Baru's comments about our "ability" to consider the prevailing ambient temperature while looking at the use of ice packs. I also agree that this should be considered on a "case by case" basis. This becomes imperative in countries where ambient temperatures may range from -20°to +40° C within same countries and of course variations during the day/night within same area. The challenge for all of us is to actually see and document the "impact" of ambient temperatures on the "integrity" of frozen ice packs like we did on looking at VVM change at different temperatures. Do we have such studies? Femi Oyewole Epidemiologist/Team Leader, WHO/EPI Ethiopia _________________________________________ I don't know if the Dometic guys are subscribers of Technet, hereby for your info the manual of the RCB 42 P(eltier) Military spec. I recently received this manual, So appliance will be on the market. Have no price tag, I'm afraid it will probably be costly. Best Regards, Menno --------------------- Our colleague Arjan Erkel was kidnapped more than 10 months ago in Dagestan, Russia. Thank you for signing the petition for Arjan's release on http://www.msf.org --------------------- ______________________________________________________________________________ Visit the TECHNET21 Website at http://www.technet21.org You will find instructions to subscribe, a direct access to archives, links to reference documents and other features. ______________________________________________________________________________ To UNSUBSCRIBE, send a message to : mailto:[log in to unmask] Leave the subject area BLANK In the message body, write unsubscribe TECHNET21E ______________________________________________________________________________ The World Health Organization and UNICEF support TechNet21. The TechNet21 e-Forum is a communication/information tool for generation of ideas on how to improve immunization services. It is moderated by Claude Letarte and is hosted in cooperation with the Centre de coopération internationale en santé et développement, Québec, Canada (http://www.ccisd.org) ______________________________________________________________________________
There are no replies made for this post yet.