TechNet-21 - Forum

This forum provides a place for members to ask questions, share experiences, coordinate activities, and discuss recent developments in immunization.
  1. Moderator
  2. Announcements
  3. Tuesday, 23 December 2003
POST 00622E : SUGGESTIONS FOR THE MEETING AGENDA Follow-up on Posts 00584E, 00587E, 00591E, 00595E, 00600E, 00602E and 00604E 23 December 2003 ____________________________________ Alasdair Wylie (mailto:[log in to unmask]) adds to suggestions he made previously for discussions at the upcoming TechNet meeting which will be confirmed very soon. ____________________________________ 1. In addition to the suggestions I earlier made about the Technet meeting content (Post 595E 24 Aug) I was struck on my recent trip to Vietnam about the major need there for planning for organised replacement of ageing cold chain equipment, much dating from the late 80s UCI effort and expansion. I suspect many other countries may be in the same position and certainly think it would be worth having a refresher "planning principles" session and working group on this at the meeting. It may be an opportunity to lay the basis for an update of "Managing cold chain equipment: a guide for national logistics officers" (EPI/LHIS/96.02); also in light of the interesting implications for cold chain capacity planning of recent contributions such as the Single Dose/Multidose Vials article by PATH colleagues. This reinforces my view that there is definitely a need for a 5-day meeting this time. 2. I do agree with your recent contributors on the issue of proper weight for operational aspects in the immunization planning decision process, and the need to overcome past failures in this respect. If this is only discussed within Technet, however, even if at a meeting with resolutions and recommendations, I fear there is little prospect for change. There needs to be an explicit recognition by senior (immunization/disease control) management in partner agencies at global and regional levels that Technet experience, thinking and recommendations on policy matters and operations management issues deserve serious consideration, and action to match. Best regards Alasdair _____________________________________________________________________________ Visit the TECHNET21 Website at http://www.technet21.org You will find instructions to subscribe, a direct access to archives, links to reference documents and other features. ______________________________________________________________________________ To UNSUBSCRIBE, send a message to : mailto:[log in to unmask] Leave the subject area BLANK In the message body, write unsubscribe TECHNET21E ______________________________________________________________________________ The World Health Organization and UNICEF support TechNet21. The TechNet21 e-Forum is a communication/information tool for generation of ideas on how to improve immunization services. It is moderated by Claude Letarte and is hosted in cooperation with the Centre de coopération internationale en santé et développement, Québec, Canada (http://www.ccisd.org) ______________________________________________________________________________

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!