Tuesday, 19 July 2005
  0 Replies
  1.6K Visits
POST 00813E : KEROSENE VERSUS LP GAS Follow-up on Post 00803E 19 July 2005 _____________________________________ Anil Varshney (mailto:[email protected]) from India has some comments and questions about gas refrigerators. LPG is propane but what is CNG exactly, condensed natural gas? Is it methane? Can someone tell us? There are domestic refrigerators, like cars and buses running on natural gas of which supply is almost unlimited. Interesting question, the constraint for natural gas is probably distribution, usually through pipes. __________________________________________ My personal observations for kerosene and LPG refrigerators: I have seen their use in Bhutan ( kerosene) and East Timor ( LPG), I am personally more impressed with the LPG ones as they are easy to handle. In countries and places where continuous power supply is a problem like India and the funds crunch for generators and POL, with plenty of CNG and LPG, it is worth considering the option to shift to CNG / LPG based refrigerators. Can the refrigerator that runs on LPG also run on CNG or are there CNG refrigerators available? I wish to know the costs and spare parts cost so that one can work out a financial model for conversion or replacement or newer additions for cold chain. Regards Dr Anil Varshney ______________________________________________________________________________ To UNSUBSCRIBE, send a message to : mailto:[email protected] Leave the subject area BLANK In the message body, write unsubscribe TECHNET21E ______________________________________________________________________________ The World Health Organization and UNICEF support TechNet21. The TechNet21 e-Forum is a communication/information tool for generation of ideas on how to improve immunization services. It is moderated by Claude Letarte and is hosted in cooperation with the Centre de coopération internationale en santé et développement, Québec, Canada (http://www.ccisd.org) ______________________________________________________________________________
There are no replies made for this post yet.