Wednesday, 13 September 2006
  0 Replies
  2.3K Visits
POST 00974E : COLD CHAIN CAPACITY ASSESSMENT Follow-up on Posts 00965E and 00971E 13 September 2006 _____________________________________ This posting contains three contributions. The first is from Mohammad Abdullah Kainuwa (mailto:[email protected]) from Nigeria. The second is from Mogens Munck (mailto:[email protected]) from Spain, who is also sending you three useful lists for inventories. Finally, John Lloyd (mailto:[email protected]) from PATH in France, shares information about the spreadsheet mentioned by John Pott in the previous message, and other software information. Note John's request, and please respond. _____________________________________ In addition to Kachallas' opinion which I agree totally with, there should be other considerations especially for developing countries like Nigeria. Comprehensive Inventory must take in to cognizance : 1) The prevailing disease control mission of the country or region. 2) Anticipated vaccine needs based on above i,e the kind of additional supplemental immunization activities prescribed for the mission e.g. Polio eradication initiative and Reaching Every District with routine vaccine. 3) It will also have to consider needs for introduction of additional or new vaccines if necessary. Finally I must confess I have not read the submission therefore my points may be off target. Dr Mohammad Abdullah Kainuwa Vaccine Security and Logistic consultant UNICEF Nigeria. --------------------------------------- Dear Robert Biellick, Nice to hear from you again! I still remember you from your visit to Mozambique in 2003 and your advocacy for measles campaign (if I remember correctly!) . With respect to Cold Chain assessment I would like to mention that an up-to-date inventory is important, but also that WHO itself has the documents that I attach (please see above) and which I find useful for cold chain assessment. Particularly the assessment of freezing power is important if you need ice packs for keeping for example vials with measles vaccine cold after opening the vial. All the best! Regards, Mogens Munck ---------------------------------------- The spreadsheet that we created at the time was a model that relied on estimates of existing equipment BY LEVEL/Type of store, not actual data on equipment in each individual store. That model exists in its 90's format (!) and I would be glad to send it to anyone that is interested: but it is only an estimate in the absence of an inventory. The only software that handles inventory data by store and compares capacity to demand is the Peru MOH software (FoxPro) that is written and maintained by Fernando Peres in Peru ([[email protected]][email protected][/email]) in Spanish only. How much interest would there be if an english version of the software, the inventory team manual/forms could be produced? Press your reply button to vote! John Lloyd PATH ______________________________________________________________________________ All members of the TechNet21 e-Forum are invited to send comments on any posting or to use the forum to raise a new discussion or request technical information in relation to immunization services. The comments made in this forum are the sole responsibility of the writers and do not in any way mean that they are endorsed by any of the organizations and agencies to which the authors may belong. ______________________________________________________________________________ Visit the TECHNET21 Website at http://www.technet21.org You will find instructions to subscribe, a direct access to archives, links to reference documents and other features. ______________________________________________________________________________ To UNSUBSCRIBE, send a message to : mailto:[email protected] Leave the subject area BLANK In the message body, write unsubscribe TECHNET21E ______________________________________________________________________________ The World Health Organization and UNICEF support TechNet21. The TechNet21 e-Forum is a communication/information tool for generation of ideas on how to improve immunization services. It is moderated by Claude Letarte and is hosted in cooperation with the Centre de , Canada (http://www.ccisd.org) ______________________________________________________________________________ ##text## ##text## ##text##
There are no replies made for this post yet.