Thursday, 21 June 2007
  0 Replies
  1.9K Visits
POST 01109E : SOLAR REFRIGERATOR Follow-up on Posts 01019E, 01027E, 01032E, 01037E, 01045E, 01095E and 01102E 21 June 2007 _____________________________________ This posting contains two contributions. The first comes from Søren Spanner from UNICEF/India. The second is from Gregory Kiluva from UNICEF Supply Division _____________________________________ All the Solar Powered Refrigerators, listed in the PIS are working perfectly well. Provided that: The system is correctly sized. Installation is done as per manufactures recommendations Maintenance is done as per manufactures recommendations. Proper training of users. As for the size, if you need 30l buy 30l, if you need 50l buy 50l. A bigger SPR is more expensive than a small, like a house, car or whatsoever. As for Jharkhand, I could not disagree more see the reasons above. Solar panels might be stolen, so might generators. Many of the generators I have seen, in the same area are idle because of lack of fuel. I would question the cost effectiveness of the generator solution. Soren Spanner Project Officer Cold Chain Health Section, UNICEF, India Country Office, New Delhi -------------------------- Dear All, I have read the two contributions on this post and would like first to respond to Lydie. The three numbers you refer to in the Supply Catalogue refer to
There are no replies made for this post yet.